Pink is an attitude

Pink Girl 3 from The True Colors Collection by Noami Foster hanging at a gallery

Pink Girl 3 is the first piece I created specifically for an chalk festival that was held in Sarasota, FL.
The theme for the festival was "Halloween" well, I do not celebrate Halloween in any kind of way, I was at a rough spot and did not know what to do. So I do what most people do, call the voice of reason, MOM. My mom came up with the idea of celebrating Fall Harvest/Thanksgiving. As much as I loved the idea, I did not know if the festival coordinators would go for it, being that I was an invited featured artist, following theme is just protocol. I explained my concerns and by the end of the conversation they were all for it and agreed to the design. Pink was chosen by my mom, she this little has such attitude in her innocents and it provided a unique alternative to having the predictable Fall colors.

Pink Girl 3 chalk drawing from The True Colors Collection at Sarasota Chalk Festival by Noami Foster It was a great time in Sarasota, Fl. and many were happy to see something so very precious and adorable. You can't help but smile when you see this. Thanks to my Mom for pushing me outside my convert zone and providing a great idea that will last for a very long time.

Comments